Monday, August 19, 2013

Us.

Lie down with me,
And hold me in your arms.

Yeah I've been feeling everything,
from hate to love,
from love to lust,
from lust to truth,
I guess that's how I know you.


So if you want to be with me,
with these things there's no telling,
we just have to wait and see.


We're still here,
What a beautiful mess this is,
it's like taking a guess when the only answer is "Yes".

And tides ‒ they turn ‒ and hearts disfigure,
but that's no concern when we're wounded together.
And we tore our dresses and stained our shirts,
But it's nice today. 

Oh, the wait was so worth it.

All I really wanna do is love you,
a kind much closer than friends use, 

but I still can't say it after all we've been through.
And all I really want from you is to feel me,
as the feeling inside keeps building...
And I will find a way to you if it kills me, 

if it kills me.

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,

year after year,
running over the same old ground,
what have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.


The silence isn't so bad,
'till I look at my hands and feel sad,
'cause the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly.

I don't wanna lose you now,
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me.
The vacancy that sat in my heart,
is a space that now you hold.
Show me how to fight for now,
and I'll tell you, baby, it was easy comin' back here to you once I figured it out,
you were right here all along.


They don't know how long it takes, waiting for a love like this.
Every time we say goodbye, I wish we had one more kiss.
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will.

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
Lucky my ass. 





No comments:

Post a Comment